It’s a Happy Saturday! Looky what I woke up to …
How cool is that? This is my second Blog Award…I’m so excited and very honored! In my About Lorelai Page, I mentioned that, “This blog will be a varietal smorgasbord of topics,” so really this is a perfect award for Life With Lorelai.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, go to Little Miss Madison and her awesome mom, Amanda, at Growing Up Madison for nominating me for this Award! Check out Madison’s Blog…it has a clever voice, and offers loads of fun and some really great tips too.
Accepting the Award ~
To accept this grand award, I need to Nominate 15 Blogs for this award, and let you know 7 Things About Me. So here goes the easy part…
And the Nominees Are ~
Kristen @ The Road To Domestication
Kathryn @ Kathryn, Tall & Strong
Elizabeth @ Rocks, No Salt Mommy
Heather @ The Welcoming House
Tammy @ Zucchini Summer
Lisa @ The Walking Tourist
Stephanie @ Barksdale Blessings
Angela @ Household Savvy
Jennifer @ Liv, Laugh, Love
Amber @ Tales of Domestica
Terra @ Life As A Field Trip
Nicole @ Momma On Wheels
Stephanie @ From the Burbs to the Boonies
Brandi @ Finding the Path for Me
Linda @ Simply…Linda
Congratulations to all of you! I look forward to reading more of your wonderful blog posts.
Now, onto the 7 Things About Me ~
- When my mind won’t shut off at night and let me sleep, I turn on one of my favorite movies (volume low) and listen to it. It relaxes me and allows my brain to focus on that and let me fall asleep. A few of my favorite go to movies are: The Holiday, Leap Year, 27 Dresses, and The Wedding Date.
- I celebrated my 8th, 13th, and 16th birthdays in Europe.
- I am very good with directions. Rory and I went to Pittsburgh and drove all over the place without getting lost. We had a really great trip, considering we went for medical reasons. (I might have to write a post about that trip).
- I was a florist (owned my own shop for almost 7 years) and a property manager before becoming a stay-at-home mom.
- My favorite colors are: a soft buttery/lemony yellow, red, and lavender.
- I was a songleader/cheerleader in high school.
- My first car was a two-toned blue Chevy Citation that I got for my 17th birthday. I drove that car for 12-years!
Well, that’s about it folks… I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Don’t forget to check out the Blogs above, and come back and tell me how much you enjoy them, cuz I know you will!
On Another Note~
I am Linked-up from today through Sunday with…
Come check out the fun!
Follow me on
I would love to hear from you … leave me a Comment.
Nice! Very versatile indeed 🙂
Thank you, Elizabeth! 🙂
Congrats Lorelai =) I do the same thing to fall asleep at night, though I normally turn on the science channel!
Thanks, Stephanie… I hate it when my brain won’t turn off, but the movies are nice. 🙂
Congrats and thank you! Versatility is an awesome trait, IMO. And I just love The Holiday. It’s a fun movie.
You’re welcome! I can watch The Holiday over and over again… I’m not a huge Jack Black fan, but in this movie, he is THE BEST!!!
Congrats, and thank you so much! I am loving getting to know you through your blog, and I learned more about your versatility today.
You’re so welcome, Jen! I love the way blogs open up the world to friendship. See you around. 🙂
And Thanks for nominating me. Your so sweet 😀
You’re welcome, Linda! I look forward to reading more on your blog… 🙂
Thanks, Sarah 🙂
Congratulations on your award!
I do the same thing when I can’t sleep at night, it’s always Breakfast at Tiffanys!
I love Audrey Hepburn! 🙂
Congratulations on your award, how fun!
I like the idea of falling asleep to romantic comedies like The Holiday, but I’m not sure my husband would be into it 😉
That’s what earbuds are for… tee hee…
congrats! and i love 27 dresses! 🙂
Thank you. That movie is awesome on so many levels…love it! 🙂
Well congrats to you Miss Versatile! You are terrific.
Thanks, Ann! I think you are pretty great yourself. I can’t wait to read more from your new blog Granny Cooks the Books! 🙂
Pingback: my acceptance speech. . .and some nominations | Liv, Laugh, Love