I’ve Won Another Award!
The Squirrely Blogger Award
Sometimes the adjectives weird, squirrely, or quirky can have a bad connotation, but I think they are great words full of character and personality. I have always been drawn to the quirky characters in books, TV shows, and movies; I just find them so interesting and fun. That is probably one of the main reasons I love The Gilmore Girls so much. How could I pass up a town loaded to the brim with quirky characters.
I thoroughly enjoy having quirky friends. They add some spice and verve to life. One of my newer blogger friends has nominated me for this AMAZING award… The Squirrely Blogger Award. Isn’t that awesome? I am so honored. Thank you, Missy! Be sure you stop by and check out Missy’s blog…
Missy Homemaker is a versatile blog with a unique voice and some really great features, such as, Monday’s With Peanut, and my favorite, Underdog Wonderblog!
Here are the RULES for accepting this award:
- Display the Award Photo
- Link to the person who nominated you for the award
- List 7 Squirrely Things about yourself
- Nominate some other bloggers
7 Squirrely Things About Me!
- I can take a long time to order a meal at a restaurant. I need to know what all is on it, and I want a lot of it put on the side. I’m kind of like Sally in that 1989 Meg Ryan/Billy Crystal movie When Harry Met Sally. (my friends even took to calling me Sally for a while). What?
- My linen closet has to be perfectly in order. Everything needs to be folded the same and turned and stacked with the folds and edges going the same directions.
- When we play games, I can’t help myself but to straighten out the decks of cards or center the games pieces on their spaces.
- When I get my truck back from being worked on (oil change, tire rotation, etc), I have to wipe down the keys, steering wheel and column, center console, inside door handle and arm rest with antibacterial wipes before I can start up the truck and get going.
- I like napkins! I have a five napkin system: one over each leg, one across the middle, one that’s folded in half and tucked on my lap to use for wiping my mouth, and of course, one for my silverware to sit on at the table. Sometimes the waitress will bring me extras, then I have some for guest napkins. *grin*
- I have a hard time sitting still. I am always moving even if it’s just a little bit: moving my leg, rocking, whatever.
- I can’t do public speaking. I hate it, and get so nervous. But, I love to sing karaoke… ok, singing karaoke is quirky all in itself.
So, I’m taking from this list that I’m Cute and Sassy, and an absolute Genius! LOL
And the new Nominees are:
Stephanie @ From the Burbs to the Boonies
Kathryn @ Kathryn Tall & Strong
Kristen @ The Road to Domestication
Elizabeth @ Rocks, No Salt Mommy
Rochelle @ Rochelle Barlow
These are some great blogs. Check out these nominees for some real fun, creative ideas, heartwarming stories, super organization tips, and some recipes that will knock your socks off! And this month, you can even learn a foreign language. I can’t wait to find out a little more about my zany friends!
What Quirky tendencies do you have?
On Another Note~
Around the World with I Am Meg
The Travel Guest Blogger Series continues. Please go check it out!
Today’s Post: Linda: Tangier, Morocco
For a list of all posts, Check the Schedule: HERE
Follow me on
I would love to hear from you … leave me a Comment.
Gosh, thank you Lady! I’m honored to be squirrely (my spell check has no suggestion for this word, LOL). How fun!
Ha! Mine didn’t either. You’re welcome! 🙂
Thanks for the shout out Lorelai! I love my Squirrely Posse!
Squirrely Posse! I love it !!! 🙂
Ohhh! Fun! Thank you! I’m excited I was nominated for being squirrely! I do what I can. I take it as a compliment and I’m glad you did too! I love your napkin system, that’s hilarious. I’ll have to unlock my cabinet of my secret crazies to share with y’all!
It is a compliment, I agree. Just imagine how boring life would be. Secret crazies…I can’t wait! 🙂
Congrats! Those were some fun facts about you! Thanks for sharing!
Some of my squirrely side… 🙂 Glad you enjoyed them.
Oh, how fun! Thank you, Lorelai! I can definitely relate to you on #2, #3 and #6 LOL (I don’t think we could play games together, ha!)
Ha! We’d probably be perfect game mates…everything would be perfectly straight! 🙂 I’m glad you found these fun. 🙂
Congratulation Lorelai. I enjoy a lot reading more things about you. When I compare your picture with Meg Ryan’s, it is really similar from my point of view. Good luck and wish you all the best.
Wow! I’ve always loved Meg Ryan…thanks! 🙂
Congrats! To talk a lot while ordering a meal is a good thing. I’m usually to shy for that and than wounder at the and what I’m actually eating.
I think it’s a good thing usually…if the server can keep up! LOL 🙂
Congratulations 🙂 I think we have a lot in common – except for the karaoke – no way!!!
I would love to hear something about your squirrely side, Renee! 🙂
Your five-napkin system made me laugh! And “on the side” IS very important because not everyone like the sauce on top…
You are so right! They always want to drowned my poor salad in dressing. If I order it on the side, I control how much goes on my salad. 🙂
Haha!! I love the napkin thing! 🙂
Some places we regularly frequent bring me stacks of napkins… LOL
Oh my star’s…I love your blog! Your a total quirk! Yay!…love quirky peep’s!
Quirky people add spice to life! Welcome to my blog, Tracey. 🙂